Arthritis is a condition where a person suffers from inflamed joints. Are you aware of 100 different types of arthritis condition? Let’s have a look at the most common types of arthritis:
This arthritis is an autoimmune disorder. In this condition, the body’s immune system starts attacking the body tissues mainly joints. Rheumatoid arthritis results in inflammation along with joint damage if not treated on time. Rheumatoid arthritis affects around 1-2 people out of 5 persons suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis suffer from rheumatoid nodules over the affected joints leading to increased pressure over elbows, heels or knuckles.
SYMPTOMS OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
The symptoms of this condition occur suddenly or start occurring gradually. These symptoms include the following:
- Stiffness, swelling or pain over the joints affecting knees, hands, elbows, wrists, ankles, feet or shoulders.
- It affects more than one joint at a time leading to swelling.
- This condition results in morning stiffness where the pain lasts for a few hours or throughout the day. It makes you feel tired leading to weight loss and appetite loss.
- A symmetrical outline, where if one side of your knuckles are affected with rheumatoid arthritis then the left side will also be inflamed. The joints appear painful, warm and lead to the swollen appearance.
CAUSES OF RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
The condition is autoimmune but the body gets confused either due to prior viral or bacterial infection, after which it starts attacking the joints. During rheumatoid arthritis, two chemicals i.e. interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor enhances the inflammatory process.
It is a wear and tear condition where the patient suffers from arthritis due to the over usage of joints. The condition most commonly occurs because of increased age, weight gain or certain joint injuries. During this condition, there is extra stress over the joints of the body. The most common joints which are affected during osteoarthritis include hips, feet, spine or knees. It occurs gradually over a period of time i.e. it takes around few months or few years. It results in painful joints along with fatigue and tiredness.
SYMPTOMS OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
The symptoms associated with osteoarthritis include:
- Aching and deep pain
- You might experience trouble in daily activities like brushing your hair, wear clothing, grip heavy objects, perform bending, squatting and in climbing stairs. However, it all depends on the type of joints involved.
- Osteoarthritis results in morning stiffness but it lasts for around 30-40 minutes
- You might experience pain and stiffness during walking, climbing and while having rest
- The joint feels hard, swollen or warm on touch
- You are unable to perform a different range of motion with the affected joints
CAUSES OF OSTEOARTHRITIS
The cartilage which protects the joints start losing their shock absorbing capacity. During osteoarthritis, the cartilage gets ruptured. The condition is common due to overweight which puts extra stress over joints especially knees. Due to the extra pressure, cartilages get compressed between the two bones and leads to wear and tear. The loss of cartilage results in painful joint movements. You might hear grating sounds of cartilage rubbing over the rough surface of bones. The patient might suffer from painful bumps over the bone endings i.e. over feet and fingers. The patients of osteoarthritis might also suffer from the inflamed lining of the joints.
This condition is a combination of inflamed joints and skin. 15-30% of people who suffer from psoriasis of the skin usually end up suffering from psoriatic arthritis. Psoriasis results in the formation of red, raised patches over the skin with an inflamed and scaly surface. Psoriatic arthritis more commonly affects scalp, knees, elbows, navel, and skin around anus or genital areas.
SYMPTOMS OF PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS:
- Swelling of the toes and fingers
- Discolored or pitted surface of the fingernails
- Most people are affected by one or multiple painful joints at the same time
- The patients might suffer from inflammation of the knees or inflammation of the spine and feet or toes
CAUSES OF PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS:
Psoriatic arthritis is more commonly seen in patients aged 35-50 years. The condition can also initiate during early childhood. It is more commonly seen in males than in women. Psoriasis is more commonly seen first when compared to arthritis.
It is one of the chronic disorders that result in mental disorders and body pain. Fibromyalgia is a rheumatic condition that does not affect muscles or joints. However, it results in myofascial or soft tissue pain.
SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA:
The symptoms experienced during fibromyalgia are similar to arthritis which include the following:
- The condition results in fatigue, pain, discomfort throughout the body
- Morning stiffness of the muscles and joints
- Disturbed sleep patterns
- Painful menses
- Jaw stiffness and pain
- Numbness or tingling sensation within the feet and hands
- Visual problems
- Mood swings
- Breathing or digestive issues
CAUSES OF FIBROMYALGIA:
The cause of this condition is unknown but risk factors for fibromyalgia include lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or genetic factors.
BEST ARTHRITIS TREATMENT IN PAKISTAN:
Why to worry when now you can treat arthritis in Pakistan with the help of Canadian Technology i.e. BioFlex Laser. This technology successfully treats various conditions including arthritis and is being practiced in 52+ countries of the world. The success rate is 2 million patients in the world.