Old acne scars are quite embarrassing for most of us due to which we keep on trying to mask them with makeup, different remedies or treatment options available in the market. The acne scars affect your appearance and make you feel conscious when you are standing in a crowded place. Before we jump onto find out the treatment options for treating old acne scars along with the home remedies. Let’s dive in to find out what are scars? Scars are formed due to the natural healing response by the body once the part of the skin is injured.
When the second layer of skin i.e. dermis is damaged, the body starts forming collagen fibers which help in repairing the damaged skin portion resulting in the formation of scars. In cases of the fast healing process, a reduced amount of collagen is formed leading to less scar formation. Scars appear depending on the severity of the damage or injury and scars form differently on different parts of the body. There are four different forms of scars such as keloid scars, atrophic scars, hypertrophic scars, and contracture scars.
HOME REMEDIES FOR TREATING OLD ACNE SCARS:
The home remedies for treating the old scars include the following but make sure that these remedies won’t completely disappear the scars but will make them appear lighter with time.
- VITAMIN E: Utilize vitamin E capsules over the old acne scars while squeezing the capsules over the affected area. Massage the gel within the capsule over the scar area for around 10-15 minutes and wash the gel after 20 minutes with warm water.
- HONEY: Honey has anti-inflammatory properties. Use honey and layer it over the old acne scars when going to bed. Cover the acne scars for the entire night with a bandage and remove the bandage in the morning and wash your face with warm water.
- ALOE VERA: The use of aloe vera leaf from the lighter side over the skin helps in clearing acne marks. Use the gel over the scars in circular motions. Once you have massaged the area, wash the gel after half an hour with cool water. Repeat this process twice daily for effective results.
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Apple cider vinegar is an all-rounder natural ingredient present in our kitchens which is effective for treating several skin issues, weight issues, and others. Take 4 tablespoons of water and mix it with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Now dip the cotton in this mixture and apply it generously over the acne scars. Let the mixture dry over your skin. Repeat this process daily when going to bed and wash your face when you wake up in the morning.
- COCONUT OIL: Use coconut oil for getting rid of acne scars. Take a few tablespoons and liquefy them. Now massage the scars with the oil for around 10 minutes. Now allow the oil to absorb within the skin and wash the face after 1-2 hours. Repeat this process 2-3 times daily.
Try using these remedies regularly daily and make it a part of your skin routine to enjoy healthy skin without any acne scars. Before using any of these remedies you can consult a healthcare professional and stop using the remedies if you feel any irritation. Apply these remedies only on scars and dry the scars before applying it. Avoid using the remedies over the open wounds.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR OLD ACNE SCARS:
Apart from natural home remedies, there are treatment options that help in treating acne scars effectively. Have a look at the treatment options which aids in lightening the old acne scars:
OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINES:
These over the counter drugs or creams are highly effective in removing the old scars but they pose adverse effects to the body. It is therefore essential to consult the healthcare professional before you start taking any medicine.
Laser treatment is the latest tool that helps in reducing scars over the skin. This method is utilized for scars that are stubborn and resilient. There are different lasers which are utilized according to the different scar types. For instance, hypertrophic and keloid scars are treated with yellow light. When considering different cosmetic procedures, laser treatment is one of the most simple and outstanding tools which offers stunning results with even skin tone and reduced pigmentation.
Bioflex laser therapy is the latest Canadian technology that makes use of infrared/ red light that is applied over the affected skin area. Here it stimulates the formation of dermal fibroblasts, which are the skin cells that enhance the formation of connective tissue and promote rapid wound healing. The fibroblasts remodel the formation of elastin and collagen which were lost during the formation of scars. This low-intensity laser therapy is non-invasive, non-toxic and safe for the skin without any adverse effects.
It offers stunning results with a shorter recovery period and less tissue damage. You can see the dramatic results in a few sessions of laser therapy with even skin tone and texture along with long-lasting results. After the laser treatment, you might experience slight swelling and redness but other than that there are no such severe side effects. Before getting your laser treatment for acne scars, limit your outdoor sunlight exposure, make some lifestyle changes like avoid smoking, avoid tanning, avoid using makeup and others.
Get yourself treated for laser therapy within the huge cities of Pakistan such as Karachi, Peshawar, and Islamabad. The latest laser treatment in Pakistan is now available at reasonable prices. So what are you waiting for call us now on the toll-free number and book yourself an appointment or you can also call us for further queries.