A well-balanced and healthy diet rich in proteins, healthy fats, carbs, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients is essential for a stronger body. To keep your bones and muscles strengthen, you need a sufficient amount of calcium, vitamin D, magnesium, potassium, and other vital minerals. Weak bones and muscles can negatively affect your daily activities leading to certain conditions like osteoporosis or rickets. A balanced diet serves as a building block for a healthy, strong body that allows you to perform daily activities without any impairment efficiently.
A healthy individual needs a certain amount of calcium, Vitamins, and other minerals in the body to maintain healthy muscles and bones. These ten must-have food items for building strong bones and muscles:
- Soya bean- it is a complete source of protein which provides the body with essential amino acids.
- Tofu- it is prepared from the bean curds, which are processed similarly to cheese. It has no specific taste of its own, but it absorbs flavors from different ingredients in which it is cooked.
- Tempeh- it is also prepared from mature soybeans that are pressed to form a patty. Tempeh has its specific nutty flavor, which gives your taste buds a fantastic feeling.
These protein-rich foods serve as the building blocks of the body. It enhances the functional and structural properties of the living cells. Eating protein-rich foods increases the muscle mass of the body and makes you feel full with a lower risk of obesity.
- Leafy vegetables- vegetables are a great natural source for healthy bones and muscles. They are rich in vitamins, which stimulate the bone-forming cells i.e., osteoblasts. Vitamin C also offers antioxidant effects which prevent bone damage. Vegetables enhance bone mineral density leading to increased amounts of mineral deposition within the bones. An increased intake of leafy vegetables improves bone mineralization in childhood and continues maintaining the bone mass during adulthood. According to a study conducted in women over 50 years of age, it shows that consumption of onions reduces the risk of osteoporosis and increases bone turnover rate. Spinach is the stunning leafy vegetable that offers an individual with 25% daily calcium intake, iron, fiber, vitamin A and other minerals.
- Fortified cereals- these fortified cereals are rich in vitamin D. When you are sick of cooking or going outdoors to consume enough calcium and vitamin D, you can choose these cereals and have enough nutrients in your diet.
- Dairy foods- yogurt and milk are a great source of Vitamin D and calcium. If you don’t like dairy foods, try combining them with fruits to make smoothies or shakes to consume enough calcium, vitamin D, and other vital nutrients from dairy foods. Other than milk and yogurt, cheese is loaded with calcium. Still, excess calcium can make you obese, so try moderate consumption of dairy foods and enjoy their beneficial effects. Eggs are another quick option to consume 6% daily vitamin D. just quick it in any form and experience the surplus amount of nutrients.
- Nuts- nuts are the perfect source of essential nutrients for the body. It offers the body with healthy fats, fiber, iron, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin E. nuts contain antioxidants that protect the body against inflammation. Try consumption of unblanched and raw nuts to enjoy all the nutrients in them as roasting or blanching might damage the constituents.
- Fish- sardines are the tiny fish that are available in cans. They have high levels of calcium and vitamin D. Although these fish have a pungent taste, it enhances the flavor of your salads and pasta. Salmon is another healthy fish choice that has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids. This fish has 100% vitamin D, so you should make sure to consume it for healthy bones and muscles. Tune is another good source serving vitamin D. a 3 ounce of tuna can offer you with 39% daily consumption of vitamin D.
- Oats- these are an easy and amazingly delicious source of proteins in the diet. Half a cup of oats offers the consumers with 6grams proteins and 4grams fiber along with other essential minerals like folate, zinc, and phosphorous. Oats can be utilized in different food recipes and enjoy its taste.
- Orange juice- a fortified glass of orange juice contains essential nutrients like Calcium and vitamin D. it also contains ascorbic acid, which aids in absorbing extra calcium.
HOW BIOFLEX LASER THERAPY WORKS TO BUILD STRONG BONES AND MUSCLES?
The low-intensity laser therapy directly stimulates the bone cells, where it accelerates the repair and improves healing. LLT is absorbed within the cells, where it triggers a cascade of physiological reactions and stimulates ATP production. It also enhances vasodilation, which in turn results in the stimulation of osteoblasts by increasing BMP-2 or bone morphogenic protein. This BMP also enhances the formation of osteonectin, osteocalcin, and collagen. The use of LLT results in improved mineralization processes through BMP and IGF-1 production.
Other than the food items, you need to consume vitamin D from sun exposure or consume vitamin D supplements. People who are at increased risk to suffer from weak bones and muscles include housebound people, people who cover themselves completely while going outdoors, people who restrict their daily activities, women after menopause, older people and others.
You can also enhance the effectiveness of bones through low-level laser therapy if you are suffering from osteoporosis, arthritis, or rickets. Choose the laser treatment in Pakistan that serves as the perfect therapeutic measure for arthritis treatment in Pakistan, along with other bone disorders.